This used to be the "Neil Gaiman in Manila" Event Website, but has now morphed into a local Gaiman fan blog, and soon, hopefully it will eventually evolve into a true fan site by Pinoy Gaiman fans. :)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's just me babbling and Jamie's interview

I've decided to re-read my damned and doomed copy of "American Gods". Yes, the copy which got itself lost and found a month after Neil's visit. The copy that is now lonely and pitifully devoid of Neil's signature. As my new bear, Shortcake (thanks, love :-*), who tends to travel with me these days said, it serves that book right it's now lonely and unsigned because it got itself lost. :p

I'm now in the part where Wednesday and Shadow drove to the House on the Rock for a meeting. When I read the book the first time around, nothing in my mind clicked about the House on the Rock. But this morning, I remembered a Discovery Channel feature about weird buildings (which included the Hotel Sidi Driss a.k.a. the Skywalker Homestead from Star Wars in Tunisia, a weird house with a shark sticking up its roof, and a house shaped like a naked woman somewhere in South America). When I saw the documentary and what's inside the House on the Rock, I immediately thought "this is straight out of a Neil Gaiman novel" (check the pics in this link and you'll see *wink*). After the replay recently, it was more like "this looks like something out of Mirrormask". :p Thank goodness I finally made the connection, and got rid of what was nagging me about that house since I watched the documentary. :D

~*~*~*~

EDITED TO ADD:

Jamie left a comment in the previous post. She was one of the lucky people who were granted exclusive interviews with Neil. She posted a notice through the now defunct gaiman_fullybooked mailing list that the interview will be airing on ABC 5. Unfortunately, the messages weren't getting approved by then. I'm sorry we didn't get to see it. But she just updated her website and posted her thoughts about interviewing Neil, as well as the interview transcript. Check it out! Thanks, Jamie! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Murphy said...

God, I hate these stupid blog spammers that act like they are "just stopping in" and then advertise.

So, pick up my new stuff called Merv's stuff at stuff place.stuff.com....not really, but I am a fan of Neil's and like the blog. No strings....

11:11 AM  
Blogger Clair de Lune said...

i wish the spammers will go away. *sigh*

JAMIE: I'm trying to get the info of FB's new marketing manager. Hopefully that will help us get more news about Neil stuff related to FB. :)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home